Ark. teen suspected of killing 18-year-old Nicholas Zurosky found hanging in cell
The death of the 16-year-old is being investigated as a suicide, said Steve Jeffery, sheriff in Independence County. The teen's name has not been released because he was a minor. He was taken to a local hospital and then flown to Little Rock, where he was pronounced dead early Saturday.
Jeffery said he didn't know whether anyone else was in the teen's cell at the detention center.
According to Corporal Brad Snyder of the Paragould Police Department, the teen had been charged in the death of 18-year-old Nicholas Zurosky, whose body was found around noon on July 12 in his home in Paragould, a town of about 26,000 about 150 miles from Little Rock.
Zurosky was himself a suspect in the shooting death of yet another teen, 18-year-old Lisa Steele, who was found shot to death in Zurosky's home on July 6.
The relationship between the three teens wasn't clear.
One day after Zurosky was found dead, police announced they had four people in custody in connection with his death. The 16-year-old who was found hanging in his cell was charged with capital murder, and Jennifer Dickison, 28, Hunter Glasgow, 18, and a juvenile female whose name was not released, were all charged with hindering apprehension.
Dickison appeared in court on Monday and had her case held over until August 28, according to Robin Norman at the Greene County Prosecuting Attorney's Office. She is being held in the Greene County Jail on a $250,000 bond.
The phone number listed for the home where Steele and Zurosky were found was either changed or disconnected as of early Tuesday afternoon.
Several memorial sites on Facebook have been set up for Zurosky.
"These kids had a lot of friends," said Cpl. Snyder. "It's really affected our community."
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case