Lynn Jackenheimer Death: Police issue arrest warrant for Nate Summerfield, on-and-off boyfriend of Ohio mom
(CBS/AP) ASHLAND, Ohio - An arrest warrant has been issued for Nate Summerfield, who is accused of murdering 33-year-old Lynn Jackenheimer after authorities found her body on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
Police confirmed Monday that a body discovered in a vacant lot was Ohio mother Jackenheimer. She went missing early this month during a vacation with her children and on-and-off boyfriend Summerfield. Police said he returned the children to Ashland, Ohio and apparently drove away.
Summerfield's brother told authorities that Summerfield said he strangled the woman. The cause of death hasn't been released and would officially determine whether the case is a homicide.
A warrant for Summerfield was issued once the body was identified. He previously was described as a person of interest in the case.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles