Lynn Jackenheimer Death: Police issue arrest warrant for Nate Summerfield, on-and-off boyfriend of Ohio mom
(CBS/AP) ASHLAND, Ohio - An arrest warrant has been issued for Nate Summerfield, who is accused of murdering 33-year-old Lynn Jackenheimer after authorities found her body on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
Police confirmed Monday that a body discovered in a vacant lot was Ohio mother Jackenheimer. She went missing early this month during a vacation with her children and on-and-off boyfriend Summerfield. Police said he returned the children to Ashland, Ohio and apparently drove away.
Summerfield's brother told authorities that Summerfield said he strangled the woman. The cause of death hasn't been released and would officially determine whether the case is a homicide.
A warrant for Summerfield was issued once the body was identified. He previously was described as a person of interest in the case.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Authorities search for missing URI student