"Witness 9" claims George Zimmerman sexually molested her
According to CBS Miami, investigators from the Duval County State Attorney's Office in Sanford interviewed Witness 9, who contacted Sanford police after the Feb. 26 killing of Trayvon Martin.
Witness 9 told investigators that Zimmerman, who is about two years older than her, had sexually molested her from the age of six up until she was 16 years old, CBS Miami reports.Part of Witness 9's statement had been sealed and Zimmerman's attorney asked the court to keep it that way, saying the witness' accusations were incendiary, irrelevant and would hurt chances for a fair trial, CBS Miami reports.
Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth R. Lester disagreed, saying nothing in Florida's public record law allows for such information to be kept secret. By law, evidence the prosecution turns over to the defense -- called "discovery" -- is public record.
Zimmerman is not charged in the alleged molestation. He is on trial for second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Martin, which he claims was in self-defense under Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths