Peter Lizon Update: Stephanie Lizon, W.Va. wife, denies husband intentionally hurt her
(CBS/AP) RIPLEY, W.Va. - Stephanie Lizon testified in her husband's preliminary hearing on Friday, denying allegations that Peter Lizon bound her with chains and saying he did not intentionally hurt her.
A criminal complaint said Stephanie detailed years of abuse after she fled her husband and went to a domestic violence shelter earlier this month. Investigators said they have 45 photographs showing burns on Stephanie's back and breasts from irons and frying pans, and scars on her wrists and ankles.
Stephanie, 43, said her feet were injured in a farming accident and a frying pan injury was incidental contact during an argument.
Peter, 37, faces a malicious wounding charge and appeared in Jackson County Magistrate Court in western West Virginia. His attorney said the allegations are false.
More on Crimesider
July 12, 2012 - Peter Lizon, West Virginia man, kept his wife captive and tortured her for nearly a decade, sheriff says
July 13, 2012 - Peter Lizon Update: West Virginia man will appear in court for allegedly torturing his wife for several years
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case