Tonee Walker, alleged 'Buxom Bandit,' turns herself in after gas station robbery, Australian police say
(CBS) AUSTRALIA - Accused "Buxom Bandit" Tonee Walker turned herself in Friday after being on the lam for attempting to rob a gas station in Australia.
Walker, 22, gained international attention after a surveillance camera video went viral showing her trying to hold up the gas station while wearing a low-cut top exposing her cleavage, according to The Daily News.
Police reportedly went on the lookout for the buxom bandit since the attempted robbery on July 2. She was charged with robbery and theft after turning herself into Queensland's Southport Magistrates' Court, and appeared in court on Friday.
The surveillance video showed Walker wearing a knit cap with her face exposed. She allegedly threatened the attendant with a silver knife before fleeing with a small amount of money in an SUV, The Daily News reported.
Walker's lawyer said she was "very surprised" by the international interest in her case.
Meanwhile, the alleged getaway driver, Joshua Spinks, also turned himself into police on Friday. Spinks, 22, told police that he deliberately adjusted Walker's top before she went into the station and Walker said she wanted to give the middle-aged man "something to look at," according to court documents.
Walker embarrassed police earlier last week by walking in and out of court on an unrelated shoplifting charge without officials ever noticing her, The Daily News reported.
She is now in police custody without bail until her next court appearance on August 20.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released