Automated Teller Machine Robbery: Robert Suggs and David Hall arrested after using front-end loader to steal cash machine, cops say
(CBS/AP) SEFFNER, Fla. - Police deputies arrested two Florida men who they said used a Caterpillar front-end loader to steal an ATM, CBS affiliate WTSP reports.
Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies said the men stole the front-end loader and a GM dump truck early Sunday, WTSP reported.
The men then used the front-end loader to drive through an ATM at a Bank of America location. They loaded the machine onto the dump truck and took it to a site near Tampa.
Later in the afternoon, deputies received a tip about the stolen ATM. When they arrived at the scene, the men were still trying to break in, but were unable to remove money from the machine.
Robert Suggs and David Hall were then arrested on numerous charges including burglary and grand theft, according to WTSP. Authorities also said the men caused $1,000 in damage to the machine.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles