Painted pig pilfered from Detroit suburb (really, it's just a sculpture)
The Detroit Free Press reports the shiny, red sculpture valued at over $6,000 was stolen Friday from Garden City.
The sculpture titled "Cochon Rouge" by artist Sophie Marie has been leased to the city's Downtown Development Authority for two years.
The pig sometimes referred to as "Willy" may have been taken as a prank (what else, for bacon?) The Downtown Development Authority says it will take the painted pig back "no questions asked."
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"