Elderly woman attacked protecting geese at Golden Gate Park, police say
Police told the station the elderly woman was walking in the park past Stow Lake, when she saw a young boy bothering the waterfowl.
After scolding the child, the woman said a man in his 40s approached her and pushed her, causing her to fall to the ground and hit her head.
The man apparently helped the woman up, and initially she went home. However, when she got home she didn't feel well and then went to the hospital. Police told CBS San Francisco the woman is being treated for a head injury which is considered life-threatening.
The suspect had not been found as of Monday.
If anyone has any information about this incident and wishes to remain anonymous, contact the San Francisco police tip line at (415) 575-4444 or text a tip to TIP411.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles