Smash, bang, crack: 80-plus vehicles vandalized in Texas city
Residents woke up Saturday to discover cracked mirrors and windows and windshields on their cars, CBS DFW reported.
By 7 o'clock in the morning, police say they'd taken 28 reports of damage. By noon, that number had grown to 69 reports. By nightfall, police say, it was 89.
Investigators believe at least three young men drove down neighborhood streets between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. striking one parked car after another.
A homeowner's surveillance camera captured the vandals in action, according to CBS DFW.
Driving up in a white four door car, two young men can be seen seated on its windowsills, as one reaches over and quickly smashes the side mirror on a parked truck.
Causing potentially tens of thousands of dollars in damage, the vandals, if caught, face felony charges of criminal mischief, a crime punishable with prison time.
"It feels a little bit like a violation on us to be trespassed like this," said Kay Smith, who spent the day focused on fixing her husband's van.
Police say they do have some witnesses.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion