Fla. police captain who allegedly made teen girl strip is freed on bond
(CBS/AP) MIRAMAR, Fla. - A South Florida police captain accused of forcing a 15-year-old girl to disrobe so he could check whether she had been having sex has been released from jail.
Miramar police Capt. Juan De Los Rios, 46, walked out of the Broward County jail after posting his $30,000 bond, reports CBS Miami. He has not yet responded to the allegations against him.
Broward County prosecutors say De Los Rios is facing two counts of lewd and lascivious conduct by an adult against a minor. Each count carries a potential 15-year prison sentence.
Authorities say De Los Rios encountered the girl and a 19-year-old man in the back seat of a car. The two told him they were just talking and not having sex. But prosecutors say De Los Rios told the girl to take off her clothes so he could make sure.
A 28-year police veteran, De Los Rios is suspended without pay. According to CBS Miami, the Miramar Police Department says "an administrative investigation is presently being conducted, which precludes the department from speaking further on the matter."
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days