UC Davis student Linnea Lomax disappeared after leaving mental hospital, father says
(CBS) SACRAMENTO - Friends and family passed out flyers of missing 19-year-old UC Davis student Linnea Lomax, who was last seen Tuesday leaving a mental hospital in the Sacramento area, CBS Sacramento reports.
Linnea's father, Craig Lomax, told CBS Sacramento that his daughter is a perfectionist, a straight-A student and a hard worker who always focused on doing her best. But after some struggles at the University of California, Davis, she started to change.
"I think people call it a nervous breakdown. I don't know if that's the technical term for it but she just got so stressed she broke down," Craig said. "She had lost a lot of weight and she was very stressed, and she wasn't being reasonable."
Worried for her welfare, Linnea's family pulled her out of school before finals and placed her in an outpatient therapy center for 10 days. She disappeared a day after being released.
Since her disappearance, hundreds of family, friends and volunteers have searched for the missing teen in in the Sacramento area. Linnea's family asks anyone who spots her to call 911 immediately, saying she doesn't have her medication and they worry about what may happen to her.
"You know you're loved. I know that part of you still knows, but the other part's not working and we need you to call home," said Craig Lomax, in a message to his daughter.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths