Detroit boy, 11, crashes mom's SUV
The car, which police say reached speeds of 70 to 90 mph, ended up on its side with the boy wrapped around the utility pole.
Courtney Morrison ran through Rouge Park after hearing the screeching tires, seeing the car flip over three times, and hearing cries for help.
"The little boy said 'Tell my mom I'm sorry. Please tell her I'm sorry,' and 'I hope I'm not in a whole lot of trouble.' I just told him that his mother is going to prefer to see him alive if anything and just be still and don't move," she said.
Crews worked for roughly 40 minutes to get the boy out of the mangled vehicle.
The child, who's all of 4 feet tall and 65 pounds, was hospitalized as a precaution and is expected to be okay.
It's reportedly not the first time the 11-year-old has taken such a 'joyride.'
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case