Same-Sex Teen Couple Shot: Texas Rangers investigating shooting of Mollie Olgin and Mary Chapa
Mollie Olgin, 19, and her girlfriend Mary Chapa, 18, were found shot in a Portland, Texas park on Saturday morning. Olgin was pronounced dead at the scene. Chapa, who was shot in the head, is in critical condition at a local hospital, according to Portland police.
According to a statement fromTexas Ranger spokesperson Tom Vinger, the agency offered its assistance to the Portland Police Department and has been "actively" involved in the case since Sunday. Vinger also said Portland police are still taking the lead.
Portland Police Chief Randy Wright did not return Crimesider's calls for comment on the case.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards