Teen female couple shot in South Texas park, one dead, police say
Mollie Judith Olgin,19, was pronounced dead at the scene and her apparent girlfriend, 18-year-old Mary Christine Chapa, was hospitalized with a gunshot wound to the head.
Chapa was reportedly listed in serious but stable condition.
KZTV reports investigators believe they teens were shot around midnight on Friday. They were found about 9 hours later Saturday morning.
According to the Corpus Christi Caller-Times, police say the women likely walked with their attacker down a trail and into knee deep grass. This is where authorities believe they were shot with a large caliber handgun.
Friends of the women said the two had been dating for about five months, KZTV reports.
Investigators reportedly do not believe this was a random incident but have not named a potential motive.
Editors note: The original version of this story featured a photo that had been modified prior to CBSNews.com's acquisition and use of it.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home