Jerry Sandusky 'serenaded' with Pink Floyd lyrics by prison inmates, report says
(CBS) BELLEFONTE, Pa. - Inmates reportedly taunted Jerry Sandusky in song last December when he stayed at the Centre County Correctional Facility. It is the same jail the former Penn State assistant football coach returned to following his Friday conviction of the child sex abuse trial against him.
The Daily reported that Sandusky is now on suicide watch after a jury convicted him late Friday of sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years. Sandusky, 68, remained in Centre County Correctional Facility since then.
An inmate who identified himself only as "Josh" told The Daily that the last time Sandusky was in jail, he and other prisoners serenaded the former assistant coach with a famous like from Pink Floyd's "The Wall."
"At night, we were singing 'Hey, teacher, leave those kids alone,' " Josh said.
Josh added that Sandusky was held alone in a special unit reserved for sexual offenders or people with mental illnesses. The jail can hold 349 inmates and those who had access to television and newspapers knew about Sandusky.
Sandusky landed in jail last December after a grand jury voted to add additional counts to allegations that were filed against him in November.
In the end, Sandusky was convicted 45 out of the 48 charges. It could be months before he's sentenced, and his own attorneys say he will likely spend the rest of his life in prison.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case