Jerry Sandusky 'serenaded' with Pink Floyd lyrics by prison inmates, report says
(CBS) BELLEFONTE, Pa. - Inmates reportedly taunted Jerry Sandusky in song last December when he stayed at the Centre County Correctional Facility. It is the same jail the former Penn State assistant football coach returned to following his Friday conviction of the child sex abuse trial against him.
The Daily reported that Sandusky is now on suicide watch after a jury convicted him late Friday of sexually abusing 10 boys over 15 years. Sandusky, 68, remained in Centre County Correctional Facility since then.
An inmate who identified himself only as "Josh" told The Daily that the last time Sandusky was in jail, he and other prisoners serenaded the former assistant coach with a famous like from Pink Floyd's "The Wall."
"At night, we were singing 'Hey, teacher, leave those kids alone,' " Josh said.
Josh added that Sandusky was held alone in a special unit reserved for sexual offenders or people with mental illnesses. The jail can hold 349 inmates and those who had access to television and newspapers knew about Sandusky.
Sandusky landed in jail last December after a grand jury voted to add additional counts to allegations that were filed against him in November.
In the end, Sandusky was convicted 45 out of the 48 charges. It could be months before he's sentenced, and his own attorneys say he will likely spend the rest of his life in prison.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home