"You are the one," would-be kidnapper tells woman at Barnes & Noble, say Ga. cops
(CBS) NORCROSS, Ga. - Authorities in northern Georgia are on the lookout for a man who allegedly harassed three women in a Barnes & Noble bookstore, and tried to kidnap one of them. He supposedly claimed that two of the women he bothered were his soul mates, chosen for him by God.
What book was he reading from?
CBS Atlanta reports that the man grabbed the first victim by the arm Sunday and tried to drag her toward the door of the Norcross store, about 20 miles northeast of Atlanta.
"You are the one," he allegedly told her during the incident..
Shoppers intervened, and broke the unidentified woman free of the man's grasp.
Over the course of the past week, the man bothered two other women, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported. He also reportedly claimed the third woman to be his destiny.
The man is said to be in his 20s or 30s, standing at 5-foot-9 with a medium build. He reportedly has brown skin, black hair, and is balding.
At the time, he was wearing a white shirt and khaki shorts and was allegedly seen driving a silver passenger car.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call