3 dead, 2 wounded in shooting outside Houston strip club, police say
(CBS/AP) HOUSTON - A shooting outside a strip club in southwest Houston early Wednesday left three people dead and two wounded, according to city police.
Police spokesman Victor Senties said a huge crowd assembled soon after 3 a.m. apparently outside the parking lot of the Scores Cabaret strip club. Senties did not name the club, but the street address he provided for the shooting matches the same address for Score Cabaret, reported The Associated Press.
"There were hundreds of people in that parking lot," Senties said. "Somebody must have seen or heard something. We desperately need someone to come forward."
Senties said two men and a woman died at the scene while two men were taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds. There are no further details about their conditions. He described the woman who was killed as an innocent bystander.
More than 20 shots were reportedly fired in the parking lot of the strip club, according to witness accounts.
Senties said investigators do not yet know what sparked the shootings and no one was taken into custody.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts