Texas woman Stephanie Dillard leaves her kids at car wreck...eats ice cream...gets naked, say cops
(CBS) HOUSTON - Houston police arrested Stephanie Dillard for child endangerment after she allegedly left her three children alone in a car after a crash, then went to eat ice cream at a drug store.
Did we mention she supposedly was naked, too?
NBC affiliate KPRC reported that Dillard's three children, ages 5, 12 and 16, were in the car with her when a Metro bus collided them on Friday.
The children suffered minor injuries, with the 5-year-old suffering from a large gash over one eye, police said. After the wreck, Dillard reportedly got out of the car and walked away, leaving her children behind.
Dillard then went to a nearby CVS and - this is where it really gets weird - began taking off her clothes as she ate ice cream. Police said Dillard put up a fight when officers tried to arrest her.
Police said they do not know what caused Dillard's strange behavior. The 34-year-old mother is being held in the Harris County Jail with bond set at $2,000.
Dillard's children have been turned over to a grandmother.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts