Cow mascot stolen from Calif. ice cream shop
The owner of the Mother Moo Creamery in Sierra Madre, Calif. is hoping for the return of her stolen ice cream shop mascot, CBS Los Angeles reports.
Sierra Madre police have released surveillance video showing the 'bovine bandit.' They said an unidentified woman came to the front of the store about 12:30 in the morning on Friday.The cow was a small plastic fixture at Mother Moo Creamery, a local ice cream shop in Sierra Madre.
Speaking to CBS Los Angeles, resident Kevin Wheeler called the crime "an utter travesty."
We think he meant udder.
Linda Grayvill, another resident, said, "It's not cool. That they just picked it up and walked off with it." She added, "We are hoping that somebody gives it to somebody else to take it back. We just want it back."
Numerous messages dotted the store, urging the cow's safe return.
The owner of Mother Moo Creamery, Karen Klemens, opened the shop about nine months ago.
"I would dress the cow for various events," she told CBS Los Angeles. "One of them was Mardi Gras Moo. Then another time for the Wisteria Festival. For Easter, we had Easter egg earrings. It's like part of the store, the fabric of the store."
Klemens hoped to have a mascot-naming contest this summer - but she says she'll wait until the cow comes home.
"Drop it off," she says, pleading, "no questions asked...Don't put it in the dumpster. Don't throw it away. Don't have it in your bedroom."
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial