Michael Brewer Update: Closing arguments begin in Fla. burned teen case
A broken air conditioner at the county courthouse delayed the trial Friday. Bent, 17, is accused of attempted second-degree murder in the 2009 attack on Brewer, who was 15-years-old at the time.
Attorneys announced Monday that Bent will not testify.
Bent could get 30 years in prison if convicted. Prosecutors say teen offered another boy money to pour rubbing alcohol on Brewer. A third boy set him ablaze with a lighter. Those two pleaded no contest and are serving prison time.
The attack came after Bent and Brewer got into a dispute over money and Bent's alleged attempt to steal a Brewer family bicycle.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan