Ga. father Keith Furlow charged with murder for allegedly feeding his baby daughter vodka, DA says
The DeKalb County District Attorney's Office said Furlow was indicted Thursday on second-degree charges of felony murder and cruelty to children after being accused of providing his infant daughter the alcoholic formula last year at their home in Stone Mountain, Ga.
Furlow's daughter was pronounced dead at Egleston Children's Hospital. A toxicology report confirmed a blood alcohol concentration level of .1119.
DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James told CBS Atlanta that the infant's death is inexcusable.
"It is an unconscionable act," James said. "It's a terrible thing and we are going to do our best to bring about a just resolution to this matter."
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released