Police seek help identifying naked corpse found on Fla. beach last week
(CBS/AP) FLAGLER BEACH, Fla. - Investigators are asking the public's help identifying a man whose naked corpse washed up on a Florida beach last week. They say he had been dead for days before being dumped in the ocean.
Flagler Beach police released a sketch Thursday of the unidentified man whose body was found June 8 by beach-goers.
Police Chief Dan Cody says the man had been shot in the head in a homicide. Other circumstances surrounding the death remain unknown. Detective Liz Williams tells the Daytona Beach News-Journal there were no signs that the man had been tied up.
Investigators are asking anyone with information about the case to call police. They say the pale-skinned man was between 50 and 60 years old, 6 feet 2 inches tall, in good health and had brown eyes and hair tinged with gray.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship