Buffalo Hospital Shooting: Body found near home of suspected gunman Dr. Timothy Jorden, official says
(CBS/AP) BUFFALO, N.Y. - A law enforcement official says a body has been found near the home of trauma surgeon Dr. Timothy Jorden. He is the man being sought by authorities after the killing of his ex-girlfriend in a Buffalo, N.Y. hospital.
Police have been searching for the 49-year-old trauma surgeon since Wednesday morning. An official told The Associated Press that a body was found Friday near his home.
It couldn't immediately be confirmed whether the body was Jorden's. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still ongoing.
The search for the former special soldier began Wednesday morning after 33-year-old Jacqueline Wisniewski was found shot to death in a stairwell in an Erie County Medical Center building. Wisniewski worked at the hospital with Jorden.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead