Ohio teen, boyfriend charged in alleged plot to kill her parents
(CBS/WBNS) GAHANNA, Ohio - A 16-year-old Ohio girl and her 20-year-old boyfriend are accused of attempted murder in an alleged plot to kill the teen's parents.
Grace Dillman and Robert Best are both charged with attempted murder in the botched attack, which occurred Wednesday night, reports CBS affiliate WBNS. Best is also charged with attempted aggravated murder and felonious assault.
Court records accuse Dillman of plotting the killing last month. Dillman allegedly planned to have her boyfriend slit her parents' throats while they slept in their suburban Columbus home, WBNS reports.
According to court records, Dillman's father, Alan Dillman, woke up as the couple attempted to carry out their plot on Wednesday, the station reports. Best allegedly stabbed Dillman in the back during an ensuing struggle.
Police reportedly say Dillman disapproved of his daughter's relationship with Best because of their age difference. Police say the relationship began online when Grace Dillman was 13.
Best was ordered held under $500,000 bond Thursday.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family