Ohio teen, boyfriend charged in alleged plot to kill her parents
(CBS/WBNS) GAHANNA, Ohio - A 16-year-old Ohio girl and her 20-year-old boyfriend are accused of attempted murder in an alleged plot to kill the teen's parents.
Grace Dillman and Robert Best are both charged with attempted murder in the botched attack, which occurred Wednesday night, reports CBS affiliate WBNS. Best is also charged with attempted aggravated murder and felonious assault.
Court records accuse Dillman of plotting the killing last month. Dillman allegedly planned to have her boyfriend slit her parents' throats while they slept in their suburban Columbus home, WBNS reports.
According to court records, Dillman's father, Alan Dillman, woke up as the couple attempted to carry out their plot on Wednesday, the station reports. Best allegedly stabbed Dillman in the back during an ensuing struggle.
Police reportedly say Dillman disapproved of his daughter's relationship with Best because of their age difference. Police say the relationship began online when Grace Dillman was 13.
Best was ordered held under $500,000 bond Thursday.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case