Man blames dog for apartment fire, gets charged with arson
Telling the police your dog started the fire in your apartment is worse...especially if you started it yourself.
Authorities in Cresson Township, Pa. say that's what 58-year-old John Saparo did.
The western Pennsylvania man who blamed his dog for causing a fire in his apartment last summer has been jailed on charges that he set the blaze, instead.
The suspected arsonist allegedly told officers he was cleaning and had several fans running when his dog knocked over one of the fans, sparking the fire.
Saparo is jailed on arson and other charges and is scheduled for a June 20 hearing.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released