Wasabi sauce was "dangerous weapon" in boyfriend-girlfriend feud, say Cape Cod cops
The spicy Japanese sauce became a "dangerous weapon" recently when a Cape Cod man got into a fight with his girlfriend, and wasabi came between them, say Barnstable police.
John McGuinness allegedly threw a pair of designer jeans soaked in the hot sauce at his girlfriend's face, CBS Boston reports.
Police said McGuinness, 22, and his 21-year-old girlfriend were driving home from a pub Friday night when the girlfriend received a text message from a male friend. That apparently got McGuinness "enraged" and the couple argued all the way to his house.
After McGuinness was dropped off there, he allegedly took a pair of his girlfriend's $200 designer jeans and soaked them in wasabi. The two fought, and police said he struck her in the face with the pants, getting sauce in her eyes.
The girlfriend then called the police, who came and arrested McGuinness. He was arraigned on charges including domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon - wasabi sauce.
The moral of this story? We have no idea.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias' lawyers tried to quit, judge wouldn't let them
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window