Phillie Phanatic sued...again
The Abington, Pa. woman says in July 2010 the big-beaked baseball mascot threw her into a hotel pool, seriously injuring her back. Pierce is suing everyone who wears the Phanatic costume, CBS Philly reported.
No specific dollar amount has been mentioned.
"She was seated in a chair, and suddenly, the Phanatic came up and picked her up in her chair and threw her in the pool," says Pierce's attorney Aaron Denker.
Denker says Pierce, who is in her mid-30s, fell awkwardly into the water at the Avalon Golden Inn and was severely injured. She now walks with a cane, CBS Philly reported.
"She's got herniations at various levels of her back," Denker explains.
A Phillies team spokeswoman says they're aware of the suit and don't believe the Phanatic engaged in wrongful conduct.
This is at least the phourth time the Phanatic has been sued phor antics some phind unphunny.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors