Daughter of Ohio man accused of killing ex-wife says her father "snapped"
Kayla Roberts, the couple's teenage daughter, was not at the home at the time Candace Roberts was stabbed, according to CBS affiliate WBNS. She told the station about the moment she learned of her mother's death.
"The detective on the case asked me if I was Kayla, I said 'Yes,' and he grabbed my arm and told me that my mom had been stabbed," Roberts reportedly said. "I immediately fell to the ground in shock. I'm still in shock."
Jeremy Roberts, 38, was charged with murder in his ex-wife's death, police say.
"It just still hasn't hit me. I am still waiting for her to walk through the door like normal," Kayla Roberts told WBNS. "I knew something eventually would happen one day, that he would snap. I just thought it would be his own life but I never thought that he would take my mom's life."
Kayla Roberts says her parents typically got along just fine and rarely argued. She says she believed her father "snapped" for no reason, WBNS reports.
Jeremy Roberts' bond was set at $250,000 cash or surety. He remains in custody at the county jail and his next court date is scheduled for June 20.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial