Ohio boy, 13, tells 911 father stabbed, killed mother
(CBS/AP) GROVE CITY, Ohio - A 13-year-old boy called an emergency dispatcher on Sunday to report the stabbing death of his mother outside an apartment in central Ohio, police said. Jeremy Roberts, 38, allegedly killed his ex-wife Candice Roberts, 36, when she arrived to pick up their two children.
"My dad just killed my mom. He just told me to call you guys," the boy said in a recording of the call. "He just ran out and killed my mom, and she's laying in the grass in front of our apartment."
The boy called 911 after the slaying Sunday morning in Grove City, just southwest of Columbus. As the dispatcher called for officers to respond to the scene, the boy pleaded for police not to harm his father.
"Please, guys, don't do anything to him in front of me, please," he said. "He has no weapons."
The boy reportedly handed the phone to his father, who told the dispatcher he didn't intend to harm anyone else and asked if he could kiss his children. He told them he loved them and then said he was going to the front door to meet the police.
Officers found Candice's body dead in a grassy area, covered by a blanket. They arrested her ex-husband Jeremy, who was standing nearby.
He's charged with murder and made his first appearance Monday at Franklin County Municipal Court. Bond was set at $250,000 cash or surety. He remains in custody at the county jail. Roberts' next court date is scheduled for June 20.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias' lawyers tried to quit, judge wouldn't let them
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman