Texas father kills man who tried to molest his 4-year-old daughter, says sheriff
Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said Monday he doesn't anticipate arresting the father, who told police he heard the girl screaming. Harmon said nothing so far suggests the beating death happened for "any reason other than what he told us."
"In the course of trying to get her away from him, and protect her, he struck the subject several times in the head and the subject died," Harmon said.
The victim was only identified as a 47-year-old man from Gonzales, Texas. Harmon said the man appeared to have no prior criminal history and that he went to the property Saturday to help care for some horses.
Harmon said the father's name is being withheld because of the ongoing investigation. He said a grand jury will decide what, if any, charges the father will face.
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, released from prison
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Embattled ex-Elmo puppeteer wins 3 Daytime Emmys
- Calif. teacher accused of killing wife arrested after search
- Report: Weekend violence leaves 7 dead, 46 shot in Chicago
- Joseph Naso, 79, on trial in "Double Initial" murders
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Medical examiner resigns after 3 die in same hotel room
- Calif. school district wins $2.6M in "false rape" case
- Funeral held for Md. girl who police say was raped, killed
- Jimmy Hoffa search focuses on field in Detroit suburb
- Court revisits disputed 911 call in Zimmerman trial
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender