Gina Virgilio, Alaska woman, threw gasoline on roommate in arson slaying, police say
CBS affiliate KTVA reports Gina Virgilio is accused of throwing gasoline on 24-year-old Michael Gonzales while he slept on a couch in the apartment they shared, then igniting the fire and fleeing.
The fire reportedly destroyed the apartment and forced the evacuation of 18 other apartments, with some suffering smoke damage. Several neighbors were taken to hospitals for smoke inhalation.
Virgilio is charged with first-degree murder, first-and second-degree arson, first and third-degree criminal mischief, reckless endangerment and fourth-degree assault, KTVA reports.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing