David Diehl, New York Giants offensive lineman, arrested for DWI, police say
Police said Diehl, 31, drove a BMW into four parked cars in Astoria after watching a soccer game at a bar Sunday evening.
Diehl stayed at the scene of the accident and there were no injuries. Police took Diehl to the precinct where he was charged after a Breathalyzer test allegedly showed he was above the legal limit.
The New York Post reported that Diehl, a member of both of the Giants' recent Super Bowl-winning teams, was celebrating while watching a soccer match a few blocks away from the scene of the accident. Diehl, whose relatives hail from Croatia, was watching Croatia defeat Ireland 3-1 in the European Championships.
Since being drafted in 2003, Diehl won the Wellington Mara NFL Man of the Year Award on May 22 at the annual Boys Hope Girls Hope Dinner at The Pierre hotel.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case