5-year-old girl calls 911, says daddy won't wake up; Pa. cops blame heroin
When police arrived, they found Jason Feranti, 31, passed out from an alleged heroin overdose, reports the Philadelphia Daily News.
"A 5-year-old daughter witnessing her father overdosing on drugs - that's something she'll remember forever," Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told the Philadelphia Daily News.
Police were able to shake Feranti awake, and allegedly found syringes, a bent spoon, cotton balls and plastic baggies on a nearby desk, reports the newspaper.
Feranti was also charged with recklessly endangering another person and drug charges.
The girl was placed with her grandmother and local children's services were contacted, according to the newspaper.
"The sad thing is, it just goes to show you the scourge of heroin abuse," Chitwood told the Daily News. "They don't care. What the hell happens if she gets a hold of the needle or swallows something?"
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home