Creflo Dollar, Megachurch pastor, arrested for battery
(CBS) FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - Georgia police arrested Reverend Creflo Dollar, the well-known pastor of an Atlanta megachurch, for physically assaulting his teenage daughter, CBS Atlanta reports.
Fayette County deputies took the 50-year-old pastor into custody from his home on Thursday night for allegedly "intentionally caused physical harm to his teenage daughter by grabbing her around the neck and choking her," according to FOX 5 News.
An arrest warrant stated that the assault caused a scratch on the right side of the 15-year-old's throat. The report alleged Dollar then threw her to the ground, punched her and hit her with his shoe, CBS Atlanta reports.
The pastor told police his daughter "became very disrespectful" after he told her she couldn't go to the party, according to the report. He admitted to spanking his daughter and wrestling her to the floor but said it was because she hit him.
Dollar is the founder and leader of the non-denominational World Changers Church International based in Fulton County, Ga. The megachurch reporteldy generates tens of millions of dollars each year, FOX 5 News reports.
He was reportedly released on a $5,000 bond on Friday.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"