"Packing Meat": Man hides stolen meat in pants, say Decatur, Ill. cops
Court documents show the 54-year-old would-be-thief was arrested last Thursday. The Herald & Review newspaper in Decatur reports that officers say they found two packages of meat in the man's pants and more in his car from an earlier meat heist on the same day.
Court officials say the "meat man" has not been formally charged, and is still in jail, with an initial court appearance scheduled for Friday.
Police says surveillance video shows a man stuffing two steaks into his pants and leaving. Five minutes later he comes back into the store and puts two more steaks in his pants.
That was his real misteak.
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, released from prison
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Embattled ex-Elmo puppeteer wins 3 Daytime Emmys
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Jimmy Hoffa search focuses on field in Detroit suburb
- Joseph Naso, 79, on trial in "Double Initial" murders
- Calif. teacher accused of killing wife arrested after search
- Court revisits disputed 911 call in Zimmerman trial
- Medical examiner resigns after 3 die in same hotel room
- Calif. school district wins $2.6M in "false rape" case
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Funeral held for Md. girl who police say was raped, killed