Authorities search for missing 9-year-old Ala. twins Jordan and Taylor Dejerinett
(CBS/AP) HOPE HULL - Alabama authorities are searching for 9-year-old twins and a 73-year-old family friend who were last seen south of Montgomery.
The Department of Public Safety issued a missing child alert Monday for Jordan Alexander Dejerinett and his sister, Taylor Alexanera Dejerinett.
A flier from the agency says the children are considered to be in danger.
Officials say the twins were last seen on Sunday near Hope Hull with Jack Mac Girdner, who also can't be located. Girdner's white, 1988 Mercedes Benz is missing.
Lowndes County sheriff's investigator Chris West says Girdner has known the children's family for about three years. He says authorities believe the children might be with the man.
According to WSFA, the twins' mother, Terrye Moore, pleaded for trheir safe return.
"I just wanna know what happened. Wherever my children are, the family is pulling for you and we're here waiting for you to come back...safe return all in one piece and I love 'em," Moore reportedly said.
The station reports Moore says she doesn't believe Girdner would harm the kids.
Lowndes County deputies are working on the case with the Alabama Bureau of Investigation.
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin