Luka Rocco Magnotta, suspect in dismember slay, to make first court appearance in Berlin
Magnotta, 29, was arrested on Monday at an Internet cafe in a working-class district of the German capital, where he had been reading media coverage of himself. A cafe employee recognized him from a newspaper photo and flagged down a police car.
Magnotta is now being held at a police detention facility in Berlin and will see a judge later Tuesday for a decision on a formal detention order, which would keep him in custody while proceedings continue.
Such hearings must be held by the end of the day following a suspect's arrest in Germany and always take place behind closed doors.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths