Alexander Kinyua, 21, arrested for murder, eating body parts, Maryland police say
(CBS) JOPPATOWNE, Md. - Authorities arrested a Morgan State University student on Wednesday after allegedly finding human body parts inside his house and a nearby dumpster, CBS Baltimore reports. Police say the suspect, Alexander Kinyua, admitted to eating portions of the body parts, which they believe belong to a man who lived in the same home and who has been missing since Friday.
Police executed a search warrant on Wednesday morning. Monica Worrell, a sheriff's spokeswoman, said the body parts found in the home had yet to be identified by the chief medical examiner, but authorities believe they belong to Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie, 37, who vanished Friday, reports CBS Baltimore.
According to the station, police said Kinyua's brother went down to the laundry room of the house and saw two metal tins, which he saw contained a head and two hands. When the brother confronted Kinyua about it, Kinyua said they were animal remains..
The brother then got his dad, who went downstairs but the items were reportedly gone.
During their search, police reportedly retrieved the head and hands. When they interviewed the suspect, he told them he cut up the victim with a knife and cannibalized the heart and portions of the brain, reports CBS Baltimore.
Police told the station that they discovered more evidence blocks away, including body parts inside a dumpster on church property.
Hartford County Sheriff's Office said Kinyua is charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bail.
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments