Dharun Ravi driven to jail to do time for Tyler Clementi Rutgers spycam conviction
The twenty-year-old Ravi arrived at the sheriff's department in New Brunswick, N.J., just after 12:30 p.m. to be fingerprinted and photographed. Then he was driven to the county jail to serve his 30-day term.
He was dressed in a T-shirt, khakis and canvas sneakers. His father and two attorneys hugged him before leaving the sheriff's department.
Ravi's roommate, Tyler Clementi, committed suicide in September 2010, days after used a webcam to watch him kissing another man.
Ravi could have remained free while prosecutors appeal his sentence, but agreed Wednesday to serve his jail sentence now.
He was dressed in a T-shirt, khakis and canvas sneakers when her arrived to be b booked into jail. His father and two attorneys hugged him before he left the sheriff's department to be locked up.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case