D'Andre Lane, father of missing 2-year-old Bianca Jones, to stand trial for murder
On Tuesday, 36th District Court Judge Ruth Carter announced she found there was enough evidence to continue with the trial, CBS Detroit reports. Carter said she was struck by the testimony of Bianca's 8-year-old sister, Il'Andra, who said Bianca didn't move or make any noise when she usually did in her sleep.
"That's what struck me about Il'Andra's testimony, was that she noticed that BB (Bianca) never got out of bed, that she never saw BB moving around. And then her father went to get BB after they were in the car and brought her out covered, and then she remained covered when they were in the car," Carter said, according to CBS Detroit.
Lane has pleaded not guilty to charges of child abuse and murder in connection to the Bianca's disappearance. Prosecutors say the toddler, whose body was never found, was abused on the day of her disappearance. Lane denies that he has anything to do with the disappearance and claims his daughter was taken during a carjacking in early December.
According to Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy, an extensive investigation determined that there was no carjacking.
A cadaver dog trainer testified that one of his dogs hit on the scent of decomposition in the closet of the children's room at Lanes' home. However, Bianca's body has not been found.
Lane's trial is expected to begin June 5.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot