Lowe's store, nudist colony hit by robber, say Fla. cops
(CBS) KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Police say a man tried to rob a Lowe's department store, took off, and then jumped a wall into a nudist colony (stay with us here)...where he stole a golf cart.
As a result of his not-so-excellent adventure, 20-year-old Milton Hodges is charged with attempted armed robbery, attempted battery, and burglary, according to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's department said that on Wednesday, Hodges, who is homeless, held a pair of scissors against the neck of a Lowe's cashier in Kissimmee, Fla. The cashier was able to break free and get help while Hodges allegedly went to another cashier and demanded money.
Police say that witnesses then chased Hodges until he scaled the wall into the Cypress Cove nudist resort and stole a golf cart.
Ok, we'll say it - this was not par for the course.
Hodges remains in custody at the Osceola County Jail.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death