Lowe's store, nudist colony hit by robber, say Fla. cops
(CBS) KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Police say a man tried to rob a Lowe's department store, took off, and then jumped a wall into a nudist colony (stay with us here)...where he stole a golf cart.
As a result of his not-so-excellent adventure, 20-year-old Milton Hodges is charged with attempted armed robbery, attempted battery, and burglary, according to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's department said that on Wednesday, Hodges, who is homeless, held a pair of scissors against the neck of a Lowe's cashier in Kissimmee, Fla. The cashier was able to break free and get help while Hodges allegedly went to another cashier and demanded money.
Police say that witnesses then chased Hodges until he scaled the wall into the Cypress Cove nudist resort and stole a golf cart.
Ok, we'll say it - this was not par for the course.
Hodges remains in custody at the Osceola County Jail.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan