Aaron Hickman, NY man, poured bleach in toddlers' milk, police say
(CBS) Syracuse - Aaron Hickman, who was allegedly upset that his brother asked him to move out, is accused of poisoning his nephews by pouring liquid bleach in their milk, Syracuse police said according to The Post-Standard.com.
Hickman, 20, has been charged with felony second-degree assault and misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child, police said, reports the paper.
Authorities claim Hickman had been living with his brother, his brother's girlfriend and their sons, ages one and three, in Syracuse, NY. According to the paper, police say the brothers got into an argument on Wednesday and Hickman was told he needed to leave. Hickman retaliated by allegedly pouring liquid bleach into the children's milk in the refrigerator.
On Thursday, the boys drank the bleach-tainted milk and become ill with vomiting and diarrhea. The boys were taken a local emergency room where they were treated and released.
Detectives then found Hickman and he confessed in a written statement, police said. Hickman was arraigned Friday morning in Syracuse City Court.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase