"Iron Man" actor Terrence Howard allegedly assaulted by ex-girlfriend
(CBS/KYW) PHILADELPHIA - A Pennsylvania woman has been charged with assaulting "Iron Man" actor Terrence Howard, CBS Philadelphia is reporting.
According to an affidavit, police were called to Howard's home on May 6th at around 11 p.m., CBS Philadelphia reports. Police say that 39-year-old May Seng Yang and Howard had been romantically involved for several years, but after their break-up Howard says Yang would not stop trying to contact him.
According to the police report, Yang showed up at Howard's house where she was met at the gate by Howard's girlfriend, Howard eventually came outside, he says, because he heard a loud noise.
Howard reportedly stated that he opened the gate because he was concerned that the neighbors would be annoyed by the disturbance and hoped to calm Yang down and send her on her way. Howard and his girlfriend told police that as soon as the gate opened, Yang attacked Howard and hit him in the face. Police stated Howard's nose showed signs of swelling.
"You have to remember, she's 5'1", 110 pounds," said Yang's attorney John McAuliffe, according to CBS Philadelphia. "He's 6'2" and close to 200 pounds. She did not attack him."
McAuliffe reportedly claims that Yang was the one attacked. He says Yang had shown up at Howard's home to talk about her relationship with the actor.
"She, as many women in that type of situation, wanted to know where this was headed, where they were going," McAuliffe expressed, CBS Philadelphia reports. "He strung her along. It's pretty obvious in my opinion."
The police report says that Howard and his girlfriend's version of events appeared to be truthful. The language, Yang's attorney reportedly said, is subjective.
"It's written by the police, as if they were an advocate or attorney for the complainant, Terrence Howard," said McAuliffe. "They take his side consistently, they say they do not believe her."
Yang was arrested has been charged with Simple Assault, Defying Criminal Trespassing, Harassment and Disorderly Conduct, CBS Philadelphia reports.
Howard's attorney, Edwin L. Guyer, reportedly released a statement that says that Terrence Howard is a victim, and the police thoroughly investigated the matter. A preliminary hearing for Yang has been scheduled for June.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case