Pregnant woman, 7 others injured in Oklahoma City shooting after NBA playoff game, police say
(CBS/AP) OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. - Authorities said gunshots rang out while thousands of people left an NBA playoff game Monday night between the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Los Angeles Lakers. The shooting injured eight people in downtown Oklahoma City, CBS affiliate News 9 reports.
Emergency Medical Services Authority spokeswoman Lara O'Leary said seven people were taken to a hospital with gunshot wounds after the melee. A pregnant woman was also taken to the hospital after allegedly being kicked during the scuffle.
The pregnant woman and six of the gunshot victims are in good condition, O'Leary said. However, one person is in critical condition.
Police Capt. Dexter Nelson told The Associated Press that a scuffle quickly turned ugly Monday night in a crowd of people walking toward the Bricktown district, a popular nightlife area.
There have been no arrests and no one was in custody as of Tuesday morning, according to The Oklahoman.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case