Arnoldo Jimenez, groom sought in bride's murder, told relative they had a "bad fight," report says
(CBS/AP) CHICAGO - The sister of a bride found stabbed to death in her reception dress says the now-missing groom called a relative and said he left her bleeding after a "bad fight."
Jazmin Carrera tells The Associated Press that a sister of Arnoldo Jimenez, 30, told the victim's family about the phone call Sunday.
Jimenez was reportedly crying and nervous, hung up on his sister and wouldn't pick up when she called him back.
Police are now searching for Jimenez, who is wanted on a murder charge.
Estrella Carrera, 26, was found stabbed in her bathtub, wearing a sequined cocktail dress she'd worn on her wedding night.
Jazmin Carrera says Jimenez had hit and bruised her sister in the past.
Anyone with information on Jimenez' whereabouts should call Burbank police at 708-924-7300.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship