Estrella Carrera, wearing wedding dress, found fatally stabbed in bathtub, say Chicago police
(CBS/WBBM) CHICAGO - A Chicago-area woman wearing a wedding dress was found apparently stabbed to death in a bathtub in her suburban home Sunday. Estrella Carrera, 26, was pronounced dead at the scene at 7:30 p.m., according to CBS Chicago.
Officers were called to the apartment on the 7800 block of South Rutherford Avenue around 3:30 p.m., the Burbank Police Department reportedly said.
The Chicago Tribune reports that officials say Carrera's sister notified police when she was unable to contact her and asked them to conduct a well-being check. Sources reportedly told the Tribune that Carrera was last seen at around 2 a.m. Saturday, only hours after her wedding the evening before.
An autopsy is scheduled for Monday, the Tribune reports.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe