April Kauffman, former radio host, found fatally shot in her New Jersey home
(CBS/AP) LINWOOD, N.J. - Police are investigating the death of former radio host April Kauffman, whose body was found with multiple gunshot wounds at her Linwood home.
Atlantic County prosecutors told The Associated Press that Linwood Police received a 911 call late Thursday morning from a worker who reportedly found Kauffman's body in her bedroom.
Kauffman, 47, owned a catering business and hair salon. Until February, she also hosted a weekly talk show on radio station WOND. On the show, she was known as an advocate for war veterans and other issues.
Investigators are continuing to collect evidence and say they have no leads on a suspect in Kauffman's death.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car