Sierra LaMar Update: Police find red car possibly linked to Calif. teen's disappearance
(CBS/KPIX/AP) MORGAN HILL, Calif. - Authorities say they have found a vehicle that they believe is connected to the abduction of Northern California teenager Sierra LaMar, who vanished nearly two months ago.
Authorities say surveillance video led them to believe that a red car similar to a late 1990's model Volkswagon Jetta was linked to the disappearance of 15-year-old LaMar, CBS San Francisco reports. Investigators believe she was kidnapped March 16 while walking to a bus stop near her Morgan Hill home.
Sheriff's Sgt. Jose Cardoza says the red sedan being sought has a black hood.
According to CBS San Francisco, although investigators have the vehicle in custody, they are still asking for the public's help for anyone who might have seen the car or its occupants during the time surrounding the disappearance of LaMar.
Authorities are reportedly asking anyone who may have seen the vehicle or had contact with the occupants during the month of March within Santa Clara County or bordering counties to come forward.
Meanwhile, crime lab technicians continue to analyze possible evidence found during searches for the teen.
Cardoza says they've determined a handcuff box and used condoms found within a mile-and-a-half of her home are not associated with the case.
Anyone with information about Sierra LaMar or her whereabouts is asked to contact Santa Clara County Communications at (408) 299-2311. During business hours, tipsters can call sheriff's investigators at (408) 808-4500 or the anonymous tip line at (408) 808-4431.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors